Monday, April 9, 2012

Expectations

In days long past when I was young, I took to the woods to find what no others could find. I searched here and there for weeks and found not what I search for. Why did you continue I was asked, my reply was "it was expected of me."

We often search for what others expect of us not knowing that we were only to search for what was best for us. Like so many things not found, they are often beyond are abilities to locate. It doesn't matter that we're never told what was really expected of us, what we are really to look for, what mattered is, we did what we were told. This we did when we were young, but now we older.

Going beyond all expectations is something that we can do. We only need to get started. The question is what is it that we expect of ourselves? Do we stand up to our own expectation? Or do we fall short? Who is it that we really have to satisfy? Is it really you? Can't I do what I want without criticism, or make or do something totally unexpected? Like what you ask? Good question. You see it doesn't matter what it is. It is I who does it. It is your place to be a good observer and just watch and do nothing, even say nothing. No matter what...

The big mistake people always make has to do with others. You demand that others conform to your expectations or else. Why? They don't think or act like you. They weren't raised the same way you were or even by your parents. Would that have made a difference? Consider, they don't even look like you. So why question another persons right to be who they are? You and I are to live our lives in harmony with others by letting them be who and what they are. Make no mistakes here, they are who they are and cannot be anything else. The big questions is, can you agree with this and let others find their own way in life to search for what is theirs, not what you expected of them?

No comments: