Saturday, December 25, 2010

Alone, Maybe

Along and without a care
Alone in the forest of time
Alone where all is bright and clear
Alone to contemplate the right
Alone to see what could be and what can be.


One might believe that they are all alone in this world, but their really not. Yes we’re alone with our thoughts. Maybe alone, that is to say, with no one else around to talk to or play with. But never alone as long as we understand that God and all our family and friends who are in the Spirit World are right here beside us. Yes, we think that we’re alone in this world but we never are.

I was thinking about Christmas and all the people in this world who are sick, dying, starving and really down in their luck. I think about how it may have happened and think about my own life. I could have chosen to be alone this year. Be by myself. Oh, I have a family. I have friends and I have you. You are the best friend a person can have. You never bother me. You never say anything that would make me unhappy. You never try to do anything that would make my life totally miserable. I do that well enough myself.

You maybe wondering what this is really all about. I will tell you now. It is about being alone with yourself on a day when you could be with others. The only reason your not with others is most likely pride, something that can be good at times, and a bad thing at others, like now.

Pride is something that creeps up on us unaware and hits us right between the eyes. It is so startling that it makes us wonder. How can this have happened? Maybe it was because we didn’t get enough sleep or we are coming down with a cold.

As you think about these things, I hope that you will understand that you are never alone. There is always someone close by to talk to. To bring you a little joy into your life and make life just a little better.

Being alone is something that can never happen. It is true that we all have an angel to take care of us. A personal friend to dance with, who tells the best jokes, tickles us and turns our sorrow into joy. You may not believe that this is true, but I assure you it is.

I even have to “kick” myself from time-to-time about this subject of loneliness. It is a farce that needs to be corrected and done away with forever. You and I can do this for ourselves. We can stop – take a look at the situation and say, OK, enough, I’m moving on in better way. I’m moving on to togetherness with others and with you when we meet. Life is too short to be alone in a world of more than six-billon people. Loneliness is something that we manufacture for ourself and it is wrong. We must now, do something, anything to change our life. Just do it…

No comments: