Monday, September 27, 2010

Who am I?

Rev. Margaret Neville wrote an article in the Universal Life Church’s weekly sermons quoting from the Bible book of Isaiah that says in Isaiah 29:13: and I quote: “The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men.”

“My understanding of the above is that people who go to church and say the prayers and did so because that is what they are taught. They have faith but because they were taught the rules of mankind and never taught how to feel their belief in their hearts, they just recite the words without any true feelings. People have to learn what they believe in to truly feel the presence of God in their hearts and mind. I don’t think it is something that you can be taught like rules. I truly believe that you don’t have to be a member of any recognized church and follow any specific rules from any type of church or religious organization to believe in the God of your choice and to follow the rules that He has set forth. I believe that you can find the true meaning of the Lord by reading or listening to the Bible on your own. The most interesting thing is that when you figure out that your interpretation of the Bible is truly yours then you get the full meaning of what God is telling you. You get the gist of the rules that God wants you to live by. You understand that a belief in God is all you and Him and not what man has made for you.”

I agree 100% with what Rev. Neville has written. I have seen it a 1000 times in my 70+ years of life. There is at least one person you may know right now who is of the type described above. You may even be that person… I hope not.
When I read what Rev. Neville said I could no help thinking about the many Spiritualist I have met that are as hypocritical as any person in a Christian or other world religions. The question always comes up “Why?” It’s because of the way in which we have been raised, the community we lived/live in, the country we lived; in society in general. What I am saying is that we are taught from early childhood to defend ourselves even if it means lying, cheating, stealing or even outright robbery. And what do we think about all of this?

Most people are so used to lying and cheating and so on, that they are not even aware of the fact that they commit such wrong thinking and acting. All of us believe that we are OK and that we are the “most honest and forthright person in the world.” But are we?

How can our churches and society advance spiritually when we have so many people engaged in activities that are any thing but right?

I want you to know that you and I cannot get away with anything in this life. God has given us a set of Universal/Spiritual Laws that will always trip us up.

You have heard of the Law of Cause and Effect. And perhaps you have also heard of the Law of Karma. Both of these laws are active 24/7. They record our every thought, action. The law of Attraction is also in affect where we will draw to us people of like mind that will in their own way trip us up. Some of those people are a little smarter than we are and will do unto us what we have done to another person. This is a fact that if you take a look at your life, you will see it in many ways.

What I also want to tell you is that life doesn’t have to be this way. We CAN abide by the 10 commandments of the Bible. We can abide by the seven principles of Spiritualism. These laws and principle were given to us to help us avoid all the problems in this life and keep us on the straight and narrow path, one that leads to total enlightenment. To become the spiritual being that we pretend to be – we need to make it a fact of life that we really are spiritual beings living in a world of chaos. Tomorrow is another day and you have the opportunity now to make the right decisions and turn your life around and be all that you can be.

No comments: