Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Life, Death and Trauma

Closely related to life, is death and the traumas that people experience. Yes, life and death are requirements for people who live here in this physical world. You have heard it said many time, “You never get out of this world alive.” “You live, you die and in between times, you pay taxes.” It seems as though that is what it’s all about, but on the other hand, life is a lot more than that – you do get out of this life alive.

Many years ago I was thinking about my life and all of the ups and downs that I have experienced and, like most people, I wondered why? It seemed that no matter what I did, it was never right or enough. People seemed to want to make me into their own image and I didn’t want that or even like that at all. Even today, forty, fifty, sixty or 70 plus years later it seems that people are still trying to make me into their image, and I still don’t like it.

You have no doubt experienced that same thing in your life and may have asked when did this all start, anyhow? Well, believe it or not, it started when you and I were born into this world. Our parents started to make us into their image and impressed upon us their beliefs and mannerisms that they had impressed upon them by their parents. Not that, maybe, astrology had something to do with it also.

I’m sorry to say, the influence of my parents, good or bad, is still with me today and it is going to take another hundred years or so for me to become the individual that I believe that I am. And even if I do live another hundred years, will it be enough? Maybe not!

One of the things that I have found in my life is that I want to be better than I am at the present time. I went to high school, to junior college and then university. I go to church. I sing songs. I have conversations with and intermingle with other people, and I even go to parks, ski resorts, the ocean, lakes, and just about anyplace I feel like going. But it never seems to satisfy my longings. Just who am I anyway?

I at one time thought I new who I was, but it seems that every day I’m reminded that I am really the person that my parents and society made me into. What a dilemma! So how do I overcome all of the life’s programming?

Well I start by recognizing that I am really my parent’s son. Then I recognize that my personality has been greatly influenced by them and I need to determine whether or not I believe that it is good or not so good for me. Then after I determine that, I will have to decide if it is possible to make changes that I think will be for my highest good. Not an easy thing to do.

Do you think that your way of life is better than mine? Do you think that you can help me? Maybe yes maybe no. Maybe I can help you. Infact we need to help each other.

I used to be a complainer; yes I was a big complainer. I used to think that the whole world was on my shoulders and that I could do nothing to change it. I complained about my parents, my brothers and sister, even the guy next door, everything and everybody. I complained about the way the government was handling the affairs of the people of this great country. I used to complain about how the boss at work was pushing me to get the job done faster and make sure that it was done right at the same time. I did my best, but it never seemed to be good enough. Sound familiar? I think that every person who works for a living goes through the same things even if they are one of the greatest engineers, businessman or parent around. Oh boy! What a life.

The question still remains; “will I ever be able to make the changes that I believe I need to make in order for me to be all that I can be?” I will work on these things in this life until I die, then I’ll continue working on them in the after life. Oh! You do get out of this life alive? Spiritualists have proven that you do get out of this life alive. This has been proven for more than 160 years. Even the Bible says the same thing in its own way. Believe it or not, hundreds of psychologists have finally learned through hypnoses that life continues after physical death.

In Carol Bowman’s book “Children’s Past Lives” she has detailed her own experiences with past life regression from being Hypnotized herself and the hypnotizing of her two children. Her children underwent past life regression by a trained hypnotist, Norman Inge. Mrs. Bowman quotes in her book, a number of stories told to her by numerous doctors of psychology who do regressions as part of their therapy sessions with their patients. She also read their books and consulted with them. Mrs. Bowman also talks about the past life regressions she did with various children as a trained and certified hypnotist.

In the Bible, Jesus talks about John the Baptist as being the incarnation of Elijah.

In Caroline D. Larsen’s book “My Travels in the Spirit World” she talks about how she started to do out of body traveling (OBT), the same type described by Raymond Moody in his books. She just started one day, a kind of surprising event to her senses. As she started to have a number of OBTs she decided one day to see if she could go to the spirit world and see what it was like there. The book is a real eye opener for those who have never read anything about the spirit world. Caroline’s stories are very much like those described by Monsignor Robert Hugh Benson, son of Edward White Benson former Archbishop of Canterbury. These two men lived during the late 1800s and early 1900s. Robert passed to spirit in 1914, and was able to describe the spirit world through the mediumship of Anthony Borgia. Monsignor first book was titled “Beyond This Life;” the second book was titled “The World Unseen.” Monsignor starts by giving a general survey, an account of his passing and his subsequent travels through various parts of spirit lands.

The books of Caroline Larsen and Monsignor Benson are books that make it possible for the reader to know that life is indeed continuous, and that we have nothing to fear when we leave this physical world. Life does continue after the change called death and we will make all of the changes that will be necessary as we live here and in the great hereafter. I believe that you will also.

No comments: